Final piece for my inglorious beasties project. I designed the fly print for the garment and printed it using a silk screen.

I started the project by looking at the wings of flies which informed my fabric choice. I wanted to demonstrate their metallic transparent quality. My print came from a ink drawing of a fly I made by blowing the ink with a straw. I found this gave a web like appearance and showed a more inglorious side to the insect. The print is very subtle down the centre of the dress.

Close up of beaded collar:

I used glass beads which gave it a lot of weight compared to the light transparent fabric. The beading is the same design as the print.

The drawing the print is from: